Every Organization is working day in and day out to produce a product or deliver a service to satisfy customers / clients. This cycle goes on and on. There are hundreds, thousands and lakhs of employees coming together to make this happen effectively and efficiently. Employers and employees spend more waking hours at workplace than at their respective homes. Harmonious relationships are essential at workplace to ensure smooth functioning of “teams” and better results. Better results could lead to better earnings for both the organization & the employees. Better workplace relationships could mean:
Collogues from other departments are internal customers & when staff deal with them with respect and work in communion there is a high probability that relationship management with external customers will be harmonious and healthy.
The way colleagues interact with each other / internal communication of an organization has an immense affect on how the staff treat or communicate with clients. Team bonding and respect for colleagues has a major role to play in customer relationship management.
There are multiple factors which effect the professional relationships of team members in an organization: Some of them are:
- Social background
- Cultural Background
- Height, weight, color, health condition, disability,
- Sensitivity / Insensitivity
To stay ahead in a competitive environment, organizations are required to focus on building and managing effective workplace relationships to enhance employee productivity. Team Bonding is very essential to bring out the best in employees. Empathy lays the foundation for building such strong positive engagements that make the employees feel valued and empower them to tap their full potential. In a workplace, empathy goes a long way in winning the trust of employees and imparting them the confidence that the business exists for collective success rather than the well-being of a select few.
A team comprises of multiple people with diverse personalities. The collaborative work put in by multiple teams is the work delivered by an organization. The collaborative efforts of the teams get rewarded and revenues are generated.
The way even one member of staff feels can affect how the others feel – whether they are positive or negative feelings.
“A Good Team”:
- 1. Communicates to each other - this ensures that essential information is passed on to all concerned team members - it also means that there will be lesser problems faced due to lack of communication / mis communication. The team members are less likely to feel low as they have been open about their feelings and emotions.
- 2. Respect each other - Team members respect each other’s job and the role everyone plays in the organization - they will not treat others with disrespect and do not look down upon any employee for reasons what so ever.
- 3. Trust each other – Team members are confident about all other members that they will do their job suitably and will not let other team members down.
- 4. Understands what each person's job involves – The difficulties in performing the job of a colleague is empathized and supported in times of need
- 5. Has team meetings/ briefings - to ensure that every team member has an opportunity to contribute their ideas and raise issues that concern them
- 6. Has fun while maintaining standards - happy staff will work better and this feeling will be passed on to customers, making a better atmosphere for everyone
- 7. Equal Opportunities & treatment is assured - Regardless of sex, age, marital status, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, all the team members have equal opportunity to work and earn respect. If one person is discriminated against, the team will not be effective and customer relations can be affected. Many a times the members might not even know that they are causing agony to a fellow colleague by saying certain things or treating in a certain way.
Adept Skills understand the difficulties organization face when team bonding is not as good as it has to be and as a result the teams do not function as well as they could.
Every organization is as successful as the collective effort put in by the man power employed by the organization. It is essential to skill, up skill and reskill on constant basis as business is dynamic and needs constant appraisal. We at Adept believe that core competencies are essential and the right
attitude for service is even more essential. Team Adept has all the necessary professional experience and abilities to fulfill the training requirements of your valuable staff.
Benefits associated with a dedicated workforce, is better experienced than expressed. It’s a pleasure to receive appreciation regarding the dedication, commitment and knowledge of professional /employees deployed on client projects. We at ADEPT have made an in-depth study and have come up with an excellent training programme which motivates individuals to feel and be an integral part of a team in its truest sense. We at Adept employ the Empathy route to do so.
TRAINING PROGRAMME: ONE DAY WORKSHOP IN EMPATHY:
REMISE: Team Bonding & Empathy
Empathy is, at its simplest, awareness of the feelings and emotions of other people. It is a key element of Emotional Intelligence, the link between self and others, because it is how we as individuals understand what others are experiencing as if we were feeling it ourselves. Empathy can enhance Team Bonding and there by increase effectiveness of team work.
To mention a few benefits of EMPAHTY:
- 1. Better communication : Empathy is a kind of nonverbal communication and its presence automatically improves communication. Empathy can help people to understand each other better and work together without conflict. Empathy can complete the communication cycle by drawing attention towards overlooked perspectives.
- 2. Better work outcomes: Several studies have shown that empathetic teams function better and deliver better outcomes.
- 3. Better compliance: One of the trickiest aspects of compliance is the unpredictable human factor. People make mistakes; sometimes because they are careless, sometimes because they are acting maliciously and sometimes because they simply don’t realize what they are doing is wrong. So, what can one do to mitigate the risk to your organization? When teams are empathetic, they tend to respect and imbibe compliance, they will voluntarily follow rules whether it is legal compliance or cultural compliance.
- 4. Better client satisfaction: Every company aspires to achieve customer satisfaction. It’s why “user experience” is another popular buzzword. Not surprisingly, when customers are treated empathetically, they tend to be happier. An empathetic experience can be humanizing, and this shift tends to leave the client happier.
- 5. Improving the “VOICE OF CONSUMER”: Voice of Consumer / reviews is a worrying factor for business organizations when it is not so positive or favorable even after the professionals are working overtime and overboard to cater to the client needs. The workshop will address this issue and educate the professionals to not only work hard but to make the clients see it by imbibing empathetic communication.
- 6. Improved perception: Empathy at work can help boost how well a company is perceived in the mind of a customer. Being seen as trustworthy is a primary goal for most organizations and empathy is one of the best ways to get there. Perception is essential in multiple layers involving employers, employees, senior management, middle management and clients. Gaps between individuals in any layer can lead to strained relationships. Empathy could be used as a bridge to fill those perceived gaps.
- 7. Attracting and retaining better employees: Empathetic organizations have a culture where their employees thrive. This helps to attract the best talent and to retain them. Reducing turnover is a huge source of cost saving for any company, and a ‘company-culture’, rich in empathy will have less turnover. There even tends to be a boost to overall productivity when the company is known for ranking high in empathy.
- 8. Growth and higher earnings: ROI is an important metric for any business but ROE, or Return on Empathy, may be equally important. Empathy is something every organization can and should invest in. There is a clear link between empathy & earnings.
An organization can hire for empathy, train for empathy, and build a culture around empathy. All of this can lead to growth, increased profits, and savings.
Finally, it just makes good business sense. Empathy in business organizations can lead to cost savings and increased growth and profits.
The Empathy workshop is conducted for Employees across all the departments and levels of hierarchy to ensure that empathy flows through out.
The workshop is packaged in an interesting manner, with anecdotes, real life examples, activities and thought-provoking interactive discussions. The duration of the workshop is 4 hours. The programme will be delivered suitable to the based on a need analysis after discussion with the HR of your organization.